If you have any questions regarding this Project please E-mail "INSAYN".
Finally had a chance to lift the car in the rear end. After putting the motor in, and running it for a few weeks, the new shocks are finally broken in enough that they no longer add extra support to the rear of the car. This was expected, just a matter of time. I think the trip to the sand, and all the whoops, and bumps reduced the break in time.
I have also lifted the front end using 2.5" lifted spindles. You can see how I made them here.
I dug around our site, and put together some before/after shots of the car, now that it has been lifted. All the pics under the "Before", are.........well, before..........and the right ones are obviously after.
Keep in mind that this a daily driver/weekender, so I am not getting too radical with it, (yet). I am trying to save composure and put all my crazy ideas into the rail baja.
Also, for those wanting to see what the LED taillights look like in the dark, here are few pics of them. They are incredibly bright if you look straight at them, the cage aimed them downward slightly.
Tail lights on Brake lights on Closer with brakes on
I finally took some pics of the carb heater I made with the
external oil lines.
What I did to achieve heating the carb with hot engine oil,
was to route the HOT oil coming directly from the oil pump - around the back of
the intake runner, and do a 180 degree U turn directly into the old exhaust heat
riser on the passenger side of motor.
What is does for me is transfer heat to the carb to keep it from icing up and making the throttle stick on humid or rainy days. It also works as a oil cooling effect as the carb is always sucking air which is cooler than the oil. This works great on hot days while loading the motor in the sand dunes.
For problems or questions regarding this web contact